Re: gEDA-user: Transformer refdes assigned to relay

> Ummmm, is there any reason you are trying to SPICE simulate a circuit
> with a relay in it?  SPICE doesn't have exactly the concept of a
> relay, and won't know what to do with it when trying to simulate.
>
> SPICE thinks that an S refdes is a voltage controlled switch:

I'm disabled and use speech recognition software to operate the computer.  I also use an environmental control unit (ECU), voice operated, to control doors, windows, telephone, bed...

Instead of having two microphones mounted on my wheelchair, going to two transmitters I'd like to use one mic going two transmitters with the speech directed to either transmitter controlled by some form of power switch.  The signal will need to be conditioned for each transmitter and that is where the simulation comes in.

I haven't done any real design since my injury, 15 years ago snow skiing at Killington, so I'm a little rusty.  Since I've found "gaf"  I have been reborn.  I welcome and appreciate any suggestions.

Rob
On 9/7/07, John Luciani <jluciani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 9/7/07, Robert Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After I auto-numbered a schematic with a dpdt omron relay the relay has a
> refdes starting with the letter k.  Is there a way for me to configure
> gschem so that relays are numbered with the correct letter?  And, am I right
> in assuming that should be the letter "s"?

I use K for relays and S for switches.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org