Re: gEDA-user: Transformer refdes assigned to relay

I'm glad you're finding gaf useful. I guess it must be tricky to control
a CAD package from a speech UI... please do let us know if there are any
parts of the interface which could be improved to help. Does TAB order
matter to your speech recognition software for navigation?

Actually, the mouse operation of speech recognition apps places a 3x3 grid on the screen with a number in each square.  You then say one of those numbers, it places a 3x3 grid in that smaller area and you steer the mouse to where you want it.  This woud take for ever so I use a mouthstick to hen-peck the key board.  It's slow but better than speech and that's better than nothing.

I use speech software on Windows mostly at night while in bed.  I setup my 46" LCD TV as a monitor which alows me to read etc. to the wee hours of the morning.

Rob

On 9/8/07, Peter Clifton <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sat, 2007-09-08 at 17:12 -0400, Robert Butts wrote:
>         > Ummmm, is there any reason you are trying to SPICE simulate
>         a circuit
>         > with a relay in it?  SPICE doesn't have exactly the concept
>         of a
>         > relay, and won't know what to do with it when trying to
>         simulate.
>         >
>         > SPICE thinks that an S refdes is a voltage controlled
>         switch:
>
>         I'm disabled and use speech recognition software to operate
>         the computer.  I also use an environmental control unit (ECU),
>         voice operated, to control doors, windows, telephone, bed...
>
>         Instead of having two microphones mounted on my wheelchair,
>         going to two transmitters I'd like to use one mic going two
>         transmitters with the speech directed to either transmitter
>         controlled by some form of power switch.  The signal will need
>         to be conditioned for each transmitter and that is where the
>         simulation comes in.

I'd suggest simulating the functional blocks of the circuit. As the
relay won't form an active part of the circuit during normal operation,
you might consider simulating the signal path from microphone, amplifier
etc.. to transmitter 1, then separately to transmitter 2 if that path is
different.

You will usually end up with slightly different schematics for
simulation anyway - for things like gnucap / SPICE directives, replacing
input connectors with your test signal sources etc..

Others on the list will be better able to advise on the simulation side
though, I rarely do that kind of work.

>         I haven't done any real design since my injury, 15 years ago
>         snow skiing at Killington, so I'm a little rusty.  Since I've
>         found "gaf"  I have been reborn.  I welcome and appreciate any
>         suggestions.
>
>         Rob

I'm glad you're finding gaf useful. I guess it must be tricky to control
a CAD package from a speech UI... please do let us know if there are any
parts of the interface which could be improved to help. Does TAB order
matter to your speech recognition software for navigation?

Kind regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,