Re: gEDA-user: A4 Printing

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 21:10 +1000, Greg Cunningham wrote:
> This is a 2-for-1 question/problem...
>
> Being an Oz resident, A4 is the standard 'book-sized printout for me.
> The postscript output crops the right-hand side of the image by about
> 1cm. Any tips on where to start?

In your ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file, place the following:

(paper-size 11.69 8.27) ; A4

This corresponds to a size listed in a master list, and will
automatically pick the right size in the print window.

I presume you're using File->Print to write your postscript - this is
the normal way for full page printing.

This is most useful in conjunction with an ISO A? sized title-block,
otherwise you'll get borders when printing.

I have:

(define default-titleblock "title-bordered-A2.sym")

> Not sure whether Duncan's problem is similar...
> Peter, I tried your Makefile snippet, bit didn't get it working,... yet.
>
> 2) Also I would like to run gschem with dark background & have the
> opposite in print, ie, a bold-line color print output with light
> background.  Achievable???
> TIA

This is the default. I personally prefer to run with gschem having a
light background:

(load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-lightbg")) ; light background

If you're getting the background colours in your print, you're probably
using an image export rather than "print". The default is to print black
lines on a white background, but again you can change this with your
gschemrc file.

;(output-color "disabled")
(output-color "enabled")

Regards,