Re: gEDA-user: A4 Printing

Should probably keep the replies on list, so I've re-added the CC

On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 23:00 +1000, Greg Cunningham wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 13:02 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:
> > On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 21:10 +1000, Greg Cunningham wrote:
> > > This is a 2-for-1 question/problem...
> > >
> > > Being an Oz resident, A4 is the standard 'book-sized printout for me.
> > > The postscript output crops the right-hand side of the image by about
> > > 1cm. Any tips on where to start?
> >
> > In your ~/.gEDA/gschemrc file, place the following:
> >
> > (paper-size 11.69 8.27) ; A4
>
> I selected A4 in
> /usr/share/gEDA/system-gschemrc

Thats ok.

> > This corresponds to a size listed in a master list, and will
> > automatically pick the right size in the print window.
> >
> > I presume you're using File->Print to write your postscript - this is
> > the normal way for full page printing.
> >

> > This is most useful in conjunction with an ISO A? sized title-block,
> > otherwise you'll get borders when printing.
> >
> > I have:
> >
> > (define default-titleblock "title-bordered-A2.sym")
> >

> Should i use
> (define default-titleblock "title-bordered-A4.sym") ?

You could do, but as the aspect ratios are the same, you probably want
the larger ones. Gschem's components are pretty big in comparison to an
A4 page.

> > If you're getting the background colours in your print, you're probably
> > using an image export rather than "print". The default is to print black
> > lines on a white background, but again you can change this with your
> > gschemrc file.
> >
> > ;(output-color "disabled")
> > (output-color "enabled")
> >

> I am printing postscript with (output-color "enabled") & getting
> color-on-black.  If I use
> (load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-lightbg")) ; light background
> would you expect color-on-grey or color-on-white?

It prints color-on-white as in the /usr/share/gEDA/gschem-lightbg file,
we have:

(background-color 0 "grey94" "null" "1 1 1" 255 255 255) ; light background

Note "1 1 1" is a white colour output in the postscript
and the 255 255 255 gives a white colour output in the PNG output.
"grey94" is the X11 background colour for the screen.

If you've got some specific requirements for printing, perhaps you could
produce a customised colour-scheme scheme file.

Regards,

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,