Re: gEDA-user: alarm clock update

On Sep 8, 2007, at 11:28 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

> Unfortunately, Digikey put the wrong parts in the PIC24's envolope, so
> I'm short two CPUs.  I'm sure they'll fix that error before I need the
> other two boards.  Has anyone else had problems with Digikey shipping
> the wrong parts?  This is the second time it's happened to me.

This has happened to us a few times.  We'd get things like capacitors
in a power-resistor package and other such blatantly-wrong packing
errors.  Our purchasing guy has told the factory contact: "Take your
wireless phone, go out into the warehouse and look in the bin labeled
'foo,' and tell me if there are 'foos' in that bin, or if there are
'bars'."   "Yup, it's full of 'bars'."

-a