Re: gEDA-user: batch printing

On Sunday 09 September 2007, Duncan Drennan wrote:
> > Would it be possible to setup a simple Makefile that would
> > act as a project management file?
>
> Is this a practical way to go about managing your project
> files? What are the alternatives?

It is the best way, by far.  There are lots of attempts to make
GUI driven project managers with complex underlying files.
They say "it doesn't matter how complex it is under the hood,
it's all hidden by the GUI".  I suppose if you want a GUI, it
might make sense to hide make, but I much prefer point tools.

GUI's make simple tasks simple and complex tasks impossible.

All engineers should be taught how to use "make" as part of the
freshman programming course.