gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

I used the no connect symbol in the last schematic that I did, which
removes the unconnected pins errors from the DRC. What it also does is
assign a net name to unconnected pins (unnamed_netX). If I don't use
the NC symbol, then no net is assigned, but the DRC throws errors for
unconnected nets.

Is there anyway to avoid the NC symbol naming the unconnected net?

This is just a personal preference, as it works fine as is. I just
find it a bit confusing when I see an unconnected net with a name - it
makes me wonder whether it should actually be connected somewhere.