Re: gEDA-user: netlists, no connects and unnamed nets

On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 12:31 +0200, Duncan Drennan wrote:
> I used the no connect symbol in the last schematic that I did, which
> removes the unconnected pins errors from the DRC. What it also does is
> assign a net name to unconnected pins (unnamed_netX). If I don't use
> the NC symbol, then no net is assigned, but the DRC throws errors for
> unconnected nets.
>
> Is there anyway to avoid the NC symbol naming the unconnected net?
>
> This is just a personal preference, as it works fine as is. I just
> find it a bit confusing when I see an unconnected net with a name - it
> makes me wonder whether it should actually be connected somewhere.

No, sorry - the NC symbol is not "special", so any connection to it will
be given a net name.

The nicest workaround I can think of is to stop the netlister outputting
nets which only have a single item in them (essentially a no-connect).

If you want to see this - please file a feature request on Sourceforge,
as it'll get forgotten otherwise.

Peter