Re: gEDA-user: pcb-20070912

Ineiev wrote:
>> I just uploaded a new pcb snapshot to the sourceforge download area.  My
>> goal is to make the next one in closer to 3 months from now instead of
>> having a 7 month gap like this last time.
>
> Thank you. Good work.
>
> But should you have written "Fix DRC checking of square pads to square pads"?
> DRC for square pads is not fixed. I'm sorry.

Can you be more specific as to what is still broken?  I'm fairly certain
that what I fixed was the calculation of minimum distance between two
rectangular pads.  It used to be the case that one pad was increased in
size by "bloat" in both x and y and then checked to see if it overlapped
the other pad.  That of course means you increased by sqrt(2)*bloat in
the diagonal direction.  That is the aspect which was (or should have
been) fixed.

-Dan