Re: gEDA-user: geda install on Ubuntu

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.

My initial email was lacking that I am trying to install from the gEDA 20070221 CD. My new Ubuntu machine will be my second gEDA installation and I would like it to be the same version of gEDA as my original debian machine.

I thought the installer installed the dependencies the first time through but I guess it didn't. I have subsequently installed the following packages using aptitude:

guile1.6-dev
libwxgtk2.8-dev
tcl8.4
tcl8.4-dev
tk8.4
tk8.4-dev
libgtk2.0-dev
libreadline5-dev
flex
bison
gperf
libjpeg62-dev

I then re-ran the installer and geda/gaf seems to have installed ok. pcb, ngspice, gnucap, icarus, and gspiceui are not installed correctly yet. I would like to get them all working but pcb is my critical issue for an ongoing project. I have attached the install.log and pcb config.log files.

The installer no longer asks if I want to install any software so I'm hoping I am far closer to working than I was previously. However, the Install.log file indicates that my machine is missing gtk-config. I've found some discussion on this issue but I'm still not sure what to do or if I need this with libgtk2.0-dev installed.

For pcb, the error indicates that my gd installation does not include support for jpeg. For other programs the message "error trying to exec 'cc1plus': execvp: No such file or directory" seems to be a problem. I suspect I'm missing some required packages but I'm not sure what to install to fix these problems.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Best regards,
Ed

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Clifton" <pcjc2@xxxxxxxxx>