Re: gEDA-user: buzzing board

DJ Delorie wrote:

> The caps are 4.7uF 16v.  They're decoupling/bypass for a +12v rail
> (well, one is, the other is VcomH, which seems to be 7v).  They're the
> biggest 0805's with that voltage rating.
>
> I can fit a 1206 in that spot.  If I replace those with 10uF 25v, do
> you think they'll not buzz?

I bet no buzzing -- different C and different mass, and both bigger, not a trade off
that would have a similar resonance.

Changing the masses by adding anything will probably stop the resonant sounds.

John G

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1