Re: gEDA-user: Question regarding 1st LTSpice simulation

Andy Peters wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2007, at 12:07 PM, al davis wrote:
>
>> So, for LT-spice ....
>>
>> What is the "organic matter" being added to the soil?
>> What are the "beneficial insects?"
>>
>> And finally:
>> What are the "weeds" they want to choke out?
>
> These are interesting questions.

> Linear Technology supports LTSpice as a means to an end.  It would be
> nice if LT had standard spice models for their switchers that one
> could use in another program, even if these models were slower than
> the proprietary models.  They DO provide spice models for their
> amplifiers, comparators and linear regulators,

[jg]Ah so, they're not cutting themselves out of widest
consideration of simulation for generic parts, just the
system-mostly-on-chip parts.  The logic must be, "If you
have decided to pay for our system-mostly-on-chip parts,
there's not much to design, so you can afford to be limited
by using only switchercad.

This implies "the weeds" from
their perspective are other brands of system-mostly-on-chip parts,
they don't contribute much "organic matter"
and we are beneath being their "beneficial insects" even.

but clearly they think
> their switchers are the crown jewels.

John Griessen

--