gEDA-user: Footprint for test points?

Seems a trivial thing, but what do you all use as a footprint for test
points on the board?  I'm just looking for something I can stick a
meter probe onto easily, and maybe solder a wire onto if I need to
modify the circuit in an unanticipated way.  I am thinking that either
a fairly fat pin (which will end up plated through) or just a circular
SMT pad would be about right -- and how do I make a circular SMT pad?
I guess a square pad would be fine except for aesthetics and
expectations.  If anybody has a ready-made footprint, I'd appreciate a
pointer to it.  (I searched on gedasymbols.org and didn't find any
footprints -- though DJ did have an appropriate gschem symbol.)

--
Randall