Re: gEDA-user: Footprint for test points?

> Seems a trivial thing, but what do you all use as a footprint for test
> points on the board?

I usually just add vias wherever I need one; mine aren't "official" in
that they're not in the schematics.

> I'm just looking for something I can stick a meter probe onto
> easily, and maybe solder a wire onto if I need to modify the circuit
> in an unanticipated way.

You want a one pin, 35 mil drill, header.  That's just right for
soldering in a 25mil square pin or a 22 gauge wire.

> and how do I make a circular SMT pad?

Create a line.  Drag one end to overlap the other, creating a
zero-length line.  Cut to the buffer and convert to an element.  Poof!
Circular pad.