Re: gEDA-user: Footprint for test points?

> Except when you have your boards fabbed with soldermask, vias end up
> covered.

They just default that way; you can turn it off.  My latest board has
all the vias exposed, I just selected the whole board and umasked all
selected vias.

Something like this...

Select->All
View->Show Mask
:ChangeClearSize selectedvias =1 mil
:MinMaskGap selectedvias =3 mil

Minmaskgap won't change anything with a *zero* mask, but setting the
vias to some small but non-zero number lets you grow them out to your
fab's minimum (mine was 3 mil clearance).