Re: gEDA-user: Probably parenthesis mismatch error on OS X

Peter TB Brett wrote:
> On Thursday 27 September 2007 17:26:34 Dave N6NZ wrote:
>> Peter TB Brett wrote:
>>> Please run gschem with the following lines in your gafrc:
>>>
>>>   (display (string-append "gEDA data directory: " geda-data-path "\n"))
>> /sw/share/gEDA
>>
>>>   (display (string-append "gEDA RC file directory: " geda-rc-path "\n"))
>> /sw/etc/gEDA
>
> Thanks -- as I thought, they've separated the system configuration files from
> the regular scripts.  Correct me if I'm wrong:
>

> 1. /sw/etc/gEDA/gschem-darkbg exists.
yes

> 2. geda-rc-path is equal to /sw/etc/gEDA.
yes

> 3. (load (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-darkbg")) appears to fail[1].
yes

> If so, that is extremely odd, and I can't work out why it might be the case...
> can you please stick this expression in your gafrc and see what it outputs?
>
> (display (build-path geda-rc-path "gschem-darkbg"))
chokes!  methinks perhaps a lower level error?

prompt:~ dave$ gschem
gEDA/gschem version 1.2.0.20070902
gEDA/gschem comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

gEDA data directory: /sw/share/gEDA
gEDA RC file directory: /sw/etc/gEDA
Probably parenthesis mismatch in /Users/dave/gafrc
Most recently read form: (#@display (build-path geda-rc-path gschem-darkbg))
Probably parenthesis mismatch in /sw/etc/gEDA/system-gschemrc
Most recently read form: (#@load (build-path geda-rc-path gschem-darkbg))
Failed to read init scm file [(null)/gschem.scm]
Tried to get an invalid color: 0
Tried to get an invalid color: 0
Tried to get an invalid color: 7
Tried to get an invalid color: 0
Tried to get an invalid color: 7

> We'll get to the bottom of this!
>
>                    Peter
>

> [1] The (not particularly complicated) definition of the build-path function
> is given in geda.scm.

Which you would expect live where?

prompt:/sw dave$ find . -name geda.scm -print
prompt:/sw dave$

!!

-dave