Re: gEDA-user: Probably parenthesis mismatch error on OS X

On Thursday 27 September 2007 03:33:23 Steven Ball wrote:
> /sw/etc/gEDA/gschem-darkbg exists, but you bring up a good point.
> The older, working version of the geda-bundle uses:
>
> (define gedadata (getenv "GEDADATA"))
> (define gedadatarc (getenv "GEDADATARC"))
> (load (string-append gedadatarc "/gschem-darkbg")) ; dark background
>
> The newer version uses
>
> (load (build-path geda-rc-path gschem-darkbg))
>
> I see from the CVS logs that the configs and etc were refactored a
> while ago.  Perhaps gEDA can't figure out the base path correctly?
> How does the build-path geda-rc-path get evaluated?  As for the old
> one, I can't find any environment variables called 'GEDADATA' or etc,
> so I am unsure how that even gets set up.

Please run gschem with the following lines in your gafrc:

  (display (string-append "gEDA data directory: " geda-data-path "\n"))
  (display (string-append "gEDA RC file directory: " geda-rc-path "\n"))

Both these are defined by libgeda from the options passed to the configure
script at build time (libgeda/src/g_register.c, g_register_libgeda_vars(),
line 108).

My suspicion is that there has a been a packaging error, and that either
GEDADATADIR or GEDARCDIR has not been correctly set during the build.  If
GEDARCDIR is _not_ set, then it defaults to the value of GEDADATADIR.
Specifically, I suspect that libgeda and gschem have been compiled with
GEDADATADIR or GEDARCDIR set differently, which will result in gschem's
Scheme code being placed somewhere other than where libgeda will be able to
find it.

Please refer this problem to the maintainer(s) of the Fink packages.

Regards,

                     Peter