Re: gEDA-user: Probably parenthesis mismatch error on OS X

/sw/etc/gEDA/gschem-darkbg exists, but you bring up a good point.
The older, working version of the geda-bundle uses:

(define gedadata (getenv "GEDADATA"))
(define gedadatarc (getenv "GEDADATARC"))
(load (string-append gedadatarc "/gschem-darkbg")) ; dark background

The newer version uses

(load (build-path geda-rc-path gschem-darkbg))

I see from the CVS logs that the configs and etc were refactored a
while ago.  Perhaps gEDA can't figure out the base path correctly?
How does the build-path geda-rc-path get evaluated?  As for the old
one, I can't find any environment variables called 'GEDADATA' or etc,
so I am unsure how that even gets set up.