Re: gEDA-user: Make net lines invisible

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:30:09 +0200, Link wrote:

> At the moment all I can think of is
> duplicating the pins, mirroring them horizontally and overlaying them
> onto the existing pins so that drawing a net to pin 1 connects to pins 1
> _and_ 2, but that seems rather hacky to me.

Hiding a net is even more hacky.

> Are there any better ways?

I'd modify the footprint, so that two pads are associated with one pin of
the symbol. Just attach the same pin number to the two pads. So the
symbol contains 11 pins that connect to 22 pads of the footprint. This
approach keeps the notion that the schematic handles nets while the
layout deals with the shapes of components.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: