gEDA-user: Make net lines invisible

I'm trying to create a symbol for a 2-column, 7-row header, but with
each pin connected to its opposite pin. It's a bit difficult to explain,
so let me provide a simple ASCII picture. :)

This would be the basic header, with pin numbers in hex:

[1][2]
[3][4]
[5][6]
[7][8]
[9][a]
[b][c]
[d][e]

Now, what I want to do is connect pins 1 and 2, 3 and 4, 5 and 6 and so
on together. The problem is that if I connect those pins together with a
net, I get an ugly blue net line between them, which messes up the
appearance of the symbol. So my question: is there any way to make
specific net lines invisible? At the moment all I can think of is
duplicating the pins, mirroring them horizontally and overlaying them
onto the existing pins so that drawing a net to pin 1 connects to pins 1
_and_ 2, but that seems rather hacky to me. Are there any better ways?

Thanks in advance!

Peter