Re: gEDA-user: pcb option --fab-author not working

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 06:00:11PM +0000, Michael Sokolov wrote:
> In my code of honor a PCB designer who lays out an Open Source Hardware
> board deserves to have his/her name on the silk screen, at least on the
> bottom side if there is no room on the top component side.

I personally think author information is important enough to
put in copper, not just silk.  Also, don't forget to include
the date, and either an internal documentation reference number
or (the more modern alternative) a URL for board documentation.
Finally, most people and organizations try to squeeze a logo
on the board somewhere.  I know I do.

There are certainly other uses for documentation incorporated
in the file but not part of the final artwork.

   - Larry