gEDA-user: dxf2pcb

Hi,

I wrote a small program that reads *.dxf files, and converts it into a
PCB file.

Before you start throwing tomatoes, please note that this is my first c+
+ program, so be gentle.

It reads a dxf file, and a PCB file. It searches for layers in both
file, and if there is a match, it'll write a PCB file on its standard
output with the data found in the dxf file. So if you have a layer
named "outline" in your PCB file, you have to have an "outline" layer
in the dxf file.

At the moment, it supports the following entities:

* lines
* arcs
* circles

Limitations:

Groups, and inserts are not parsed.

Sources can be found here:

http://89.147.69.120/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/utils4geda/dxf2pcb/

For this, you need the dxflib.

http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html

I also wrote a small perl script which deletes everything on a
particular layer (outline) of a PCB file.

http://89.147.69.120/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scripts4geda/pcb_rm_outline.pl?view=log

Enjoy,
Levente

--