Re: gEDA-user: dxf2pcb

Great,  I have been searching for a way to do this for ages.

This is much better than my current method of copying the dxf to an
image and tracing it!  I'll be sure to use it on the next project.

Andrew

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I wrote a small program that reads *.dxf files, and converts it into a
> PCB file.
>
> Before you start throwing tomatoes, please note that this is my first c+
> + program, so be gentle.
>
> It reads a dxf file, and a PCB file. It searches for layers in both
> file, and if there is a match, it'll write a PCB file on its standard
> output with the data found in the dxf file. So if you have a layer
> named "outline" in your PCB file, you have to have an "outline" layer
> in the dxf file.
>
> At the moment, it supports the following entities:
>
> * lines
> * arcs
> * circles
>
> Limitations:
>
> Groups, and inserts are not parsed.
>
> Sources can be found here:
>
> http://89.147.69.120/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/utils4geda/dxf2pcb/
>
> For this, you need the dxflib.
>
> http://www.ribbonsoft.com/dxflib.html
>
> I also wrote a small perl script which deletes everything on a
> particular layer (outline) of a PCB file.
>
> http://89.147.69.120/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/scripts4geda/pcb_rm_outline.pl?view=log
>
> Enjoy,
> Levente
>
> --
> Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx>

paramita ltd, is a limited company registered in England and Wales.
Registered number: 6631289. Registered office: 788-790 Finchley Road,
London, NW11 7TJ (please use trading address for normal correspondence)