Re: gEDA-user: pcb via and ground planes

Maybe you could post a small picture of what's happening to
> help us understand what you're trying to accomplish?

Sure.

This picture shows a polygon on the ground layer.  The via has a
clearance around it, as expected.

http://www.geocities.com/fazool1_2000/geda/route-with-polygon.png

Here's what happens when I use a trace instead of a polygon on the
ground layer.  The trace connects right up to the via.  I don't want the
ground layer to connect with the via.

http://www.geocities.com/fazool1_2000/geda/trace-on-ground-layer.png

If there's no direct method to do this, I could probably make a polygon
at the via location then connect traces to it.  If that makes sense.

gene