Re: gEDA-user: gnucap development snapshot 2009-09-28

Hi Al,

I have difficulty getting raw file as an output of simulation using
version that is shipped with Fedora 11. Does something changed since
that time? Or how I could get raw file out of simulation? (I'm going to
try big simulation that produces a lot of data)

Thanks,
Alex.

On 09/28/2009 05:04 PM, al davis wrote:
> There is a new development snapshot available ...
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28.tar.gz
>
> Optional plugin files:
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28-models-bsim.tar.gz
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28-models-jspice3-2.5.tar.gz
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28-models-ngspice17.tar.gz
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28-models-spice3f5.tar.gz
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28-tools.tar.gz
>
> This file contains the md5sum of the other files, so you can
> check for a proper download:
> http://gnucap.org/devel/gnucap-2009-09-28.md5sum
>
> This release has changes to the "elaboration" phase of simulation.
> There are three differences you will see ..
>
> 1. (Important!)
> It fixes a bug that sometimes caused incorrect parameter values
> in some cases.  The bug would manifest with a certain combination
> of subcircuits, models, and parameters.
>
> In particular, something like this would give bad results:
>
> .subckt foo (a k)
> .model dio d (is={isat})
> dfoo (a k) dio
> .ends

> x1 (1 2) foo isat=1u
> x2 (2 3) foo isat=2u
>
> ......  would have the wrong value of isat.
>
> Circuits that did not have this combination of models, subckt, and params
> did not have this problem.
>

> 2. (cosmetic)
> Taming of redundant warnings that would be printed in the
> elaboration phase.  Also, bad parameter warnings from
> spice models using plugins are now printed, only once,
> on readin, instead of multiple times on elaboration.
>
> 3. (new models)
> The tarball "models-bsim" includes new models, including
> the new BSIM4SOI, released Sep 22 and the new BSIM465,
> release Sep 9.
>
> ===
>
> As usual, to get started you need only the main package
> gnucap-2009-xx-xx.tar.gz .

Alexander Burinskiy
IC design
San Jose, CA, 95129