Re: gEDA-user: gnucap development snapshot 2009-09-28

On Monday 28 September 2009, A.Burinskiy wrote:
> I have difficulty getting raw file as an output of simulation
>  using  version that is shipped with Fedora 11. Does
>  something changed since that time? Or how I could get raw
>  file out of simulation? (I'm going to try big simulation
>  that produces a lot of data)

Gnucap doesn't produce a Spice-style "raw" file.  Instead, the
output is in text files that are readable by almost everything
else.

At some time in the future, probably near future, the output
will be pluggable too, and maybe somebody will make a plugin for
a new efficient format like HDF5.

The spice raw file is kind of a pain because there are several
different incompatible versions of it.

The version supplied with most distros is the "stable" version
from about 2 years ago.  There is a lot of new stuff in the
development version.