Re: gEDA-user: kicad/gerbview vs. pcb/gerbv: interpretation of "Circular Interpolation"

Yeah.  I can't imagine a modern photo plotter having trouble with it.

In CNC code, doing a circle cut in arc segments is considered 'good practice' by some, since a machine controller will only pause between lines of G-code. If a circle is done as quadrants, then if something goes wacky you can pause the machine between quadrants.  Otherwise your only option is the E-stop button, where you lose position and probably the work piece also.  Not an issue for photo plotters.

Maybe that is where the bug report originated?  Somebody commenting on G-code 'best practices'? (Which I agree don't necessarily apply to gerbers...)

-dave