Re: gEDA-user: next PCB release - 1.99za vs 4.0

> The trouble with GUI tools is that they don't just do one thing and
> get out of the way.  Therefore, a GUI tool has special
> responsibilities, including watching the file it's editing.

What?  I don't know of any guis that do that.  The best I've seen is
"the file seems to have changed since the last load... are you sure
you want me to overwrite it?"

Editing *anything* with two editors (any kind of editors) at the same
time IS BAD, unless both are explicitly designed to work together that
way.

And why is a "gui" special this way?  I could argue that emacs and vi
also have "special responsibilities" to watch the file they're
editing.  "Hey - that W changed on disk, should I reload?"

You're talking about a magic three-way merge feature in every editor.