Re: gEDA-user: PCB DRC crash with due to bloat / shrink breaking gemoetry

On Sun, 2010-09-12 at 06:57 +0000, ineiev wrote:
> Peter Clifton wrote:
> > Perhaps someone might like to take a stab at fixing this bug:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3064413&group_id=73743&atid=538811
> >
> > I've triaged the cause of the crash, but don't really have the energy to
> > start digging into the DRC engine's rules.
> >
> > I think the rule it is triggering on in this case is probably bogus, and
> > the "Shrink" parameter should not apply to a pad solid inside a polygon.
>
> IMHO DRC should report an error if pad width is less than minimum trace
> width.
>

> > Still, the test needs fixing, and there could be other legitimate cases
> > where the geometry is broken just enough by the shrink / bloat parameter
> > to cause problems.
>
> Why not just fix RectPoly this way:

That might just do it ;)

I'm still not sure the DRC check is correct though. Also, we'll have to
do a cursory scan to ensure that nothing  is trying to call with x2 < x1
or y2 < y1. I realise there are/were asserts to this effect, but since
hardly anyone build PCB with debugging asserts disabled, you can never
be 100% sure!

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,