Re: gEDA-user: Functional blocks and PCB format changes

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 08:40:47AM -0700, Andrew Poelstra wrote:

> The problem I have with JSON (and to some extent, Lisp) is that it is
> not self-documenting. You can't open a JSON document and immediately
> see what everything is and what it does; it just looks like gibberish
> and brackets.

I find that JSON can just as self documenting as XML if used
reasonably.  Reasonably often will mean heavy use of the associative
structure so that fields are clearly labeled with their names.

YAML might enforce this a bit more though.

> Also, it doesn't require a consistent newline scheme.

Yes, if that is important YAML is probably better.