Re: gEDA-user: Functional blocks and PCB format changes

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 16:34 -0400, Windell H. Oskay wrote:
> > But that is exactly what others have been saying, they are concerned
> > about the file size they think they would get from XML... "I want to
> > run PCB on my iPad", etc.
>
> File size just means a bigger file to generate/parse.

And why should we care about efficient coding -- computers are fast.

And why should we care about screen layout -- monitors are large today.

And why care about energy saving -- we still have some oil and gas.

Sorry, I was not able to follow the whole discussion, but I do not like
your arguments too much. XML may be fine -- if it has big benefits, that
may be much more important than size.

I have seen people asking for help in internet forums -- they posted a
JPEG screenshot of a short computer error message -- 50 kByte for 50
Byte of text. They do not care...