gEDA-user: Portable gEDA for Windows

 Hi,

I've started using gEDA, and I love it, but I hate firing up my Ubuntu VM every 5 minutes to tweak stuff.....
So I compiled gEDA under Cygwin (after much dependency hell).

Afterwards I thought: What if I could make this a portable package?

So, with absolutely no warranty or support (other than perhaps if you bug me enough) I'd like to announce my portable-gaf package for Win32. Based off the latest gEDA/gaf, pcb and gerbv packages from the website, it's compiled for 32-bit, but will probably work on 64-bit as well (maybe).

Downloads from http://portablegaf.cmalton.me.uk

Unzip it wherever you want, and run the launcher (needs .NET framework - eurgh, but most Windows people should have it by now). If you need to move it around, that's fine, and it doesn't care about spaces in path names either.

Hope this is wanted/needed by people.

Constructive comments and feedback appreciated.

Yours,

Chris Malton