Re: gEDA-user: Portable gEDA for Windows

On 09/19/2010 11:56 AM, John Griessen wrote:
Is the .NET framework something you can add
to old versions of windows?

I found this on a forum archive.  Not certain it's correct, but...

"The Microsoft .Net Framework version 3.5 does not contain support for Windows 2000. It appears that Microsoft is dropping support for that operating system as they release their new technologies. I already knew that version 3.0 did not include Windows 2000. I had hoped it would be included in 3.5. They are supporting XP, Vista, and Windows 2003."

So, by using .NET you put users of your compilation in an upgrade treadmill to the benefit of Microsoft.

John