Re: gEDA-user: very backward time step?

On Tuesday 21 September 2010, Chris Cole wrote:
> I get a normal sine wave output,
> but when the frequency increases, the wave changes
> considerably and  starts to turn into a triangle wave...I'm
> not sure what I'm doing wrong, but this is strange.

In the tran command (tran 10m 10 1) you asked it to strobe at 1
second intervals.  So, no matter what the signal, you get
samples 1 second apart.

If you add "trace all" to the tran command you will see all of
the samples, which should produce a smoother waveform.

How it works is a throwback to when people actually looked at
ASCII plots.  It needs to change to make "trace all" the
default, and have the strobe interval require a keyword "strobe"
like spectre does.

The actual time stepping is determined internally.  There will
be extra steps internally if needed to get a proper simulation,
but they are not displayed unless you ask for them.