Re: gEDA-user: Message

Ãsten Einarsson wrote:

> I am very impressed of the gEDA-suit, it contains a lot of advanced
> parts and at the same time makes great demands upon the user.

It indeed does. Developers are aware of the issues and are working on it.
Progress is painfully slow, though.

> Then I added this symbol to my scheme but it was impossible to move
> the refdes name only because there were no attributes left in the
> symbol file.

If you post the *.sym file, we may spot the cause more easily.
Attach it to the mail, or just copy-paste the contents of the file.

> I also got an extra frame around the symbol that was impossible to
> remove from the scheme.

gschem started from scratch presents a frame that is is deliberately locked.
That way, it does not get elected by accident. This is meant a convenience
feature. To delete the frame via the GUI you first have to select it. A
simple left-click will not work, of course. But you can still select it by
dragging a over it and choose unlock from the edit menu.

The tutorial mentions how to deal with the title block:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:gsch2pcb_tutorial#create_schematicone.sch

Also see the wiki on these topics:
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#how_do_i_unlock_a_locked_component
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:faq-gschem#how_can_i_shrink_symbols

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211