Re: gEDA-user: BOM of a hierarchal schematic

On Sep 22, 2010, at 1:31 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I just (re-) discovered, that my favorite gnetlist BOM backend, bom2, can't
> deal with hierarchy. It just issues a warning. E.g:
>
> WARNING: Found a placeholder/missing component, are you missing a symbol
> file? [shutterdriver-relais.sym]
>
> The same happens with partslist2. How come? When producing a netlist,
> gnetlist obviously can descend to sub sheets and extract the involved
> symbols. What would it take to make BOM creation aware of hierarchy, too?

Hmm, works fine for me. You may grab a fairly large project of mine that uses hierarchy from github:

git clone git@xxxxxxxxxx:noqsi/SXI.git

Then:

cd SXI/SXI-EM-DriverBoard/
make DriverBoard.bom.txt

It uses bom, not bom2, but I just tried bom2 and it's OK.

Have you perhaps disabled hierarchy in some rc file?

http://www.noqsi.com/
jpd@xxxxxxxxx