Re: gEDA-user: Symbol creation

On Fri, 2010-09-24 at 12:30 +0200, Östen Einarsson wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The included symbol looses its attributes when opened
> in a gschem window (when I look at main menue EDIT/EDIT)
> with some other symbols. The symbols from the default
> libraries do not loose its attributes.
>
> Thank you for your kindly treatment to my newbie problems.
>
> ostene

That is NOT a symbol for gschem/gEDA.

That file contains a pin, some lines...
There is no line starting with "C" which is the beginning of a
Symbol/Component.

See

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec#component

For making symbols I prefer tools like tragesym or djboxsym or similar,
these tools give you fine symbols, which can be modified/tuned by
gschem. Making new symbols from scratch with gschem may be difficult, I
have never done that.

Best regards

Stefan Salewski