gEDA-user: gschem sym files

Shall we update the distributed sym files so they pass gsymcheck ?

Should gsymcheck really complain about a "missing" numslots=0
and report error for a net=GND:2 attribute?

***

When doing pcb import schematic, I get the message:

 Remember to check that your schematic has no errors using the drc2 backend.
 You can do it running 'gnetlist -g drc2 your_schematic.sch -o drc_output.txt'
 and seeing the contents of the file drc_output.txt.

gnetlist -g drc2 gives:

  Checking pins without the 'pintype' attribute...
  NOTE: Found pins without the 'pintype' attribute: U3:1 U3:3 U3:2

The U3 is the lm7805-1.sym from gschem and it does not contain any
pintype attribute.

It is easy enought to correct:

  $ diff `locate lm7805-1.sym`
  1c1
  < v 20080127 1
  ---
  > v 20031231 1
  19,20d18
  < T 300 600 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
  < pintype=in
  28,29d25
  < T 800 0 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
  < pintype=pwr
  37,38d32
  < T 1300 600 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
  < pintype=out

It also fails gsymcheck:

  $ gsymcheck -vv lm7805-1.sym
  gEDA/gsymcheck version 1.4.0.20080127
  gEDA/symcheck comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; see COPYING for more details.
  This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain
  conditions; please see the COPYING file for more details.

  Checking: /var/home/karl/Net/git/gaf/symbols/linear/lm7805-1.sym
  Warning: Missing pinlabel= attribute
  Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
  Warning: Missing pinlabel= attribute
  Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
  Warning: Missing pinlabel= attribute
  Warning: Missing pintype= attribute
  Warning: Missing footprint= attribute
  Warning: Did not find numslots= attribute, not checking slotting
  ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=2 attribute in the symbol
  ERROR: Found duplicate pinnumber=2 attribute in the symbol
  8 warnings found
  2 ERRORS found

***

Should a missing numslots=0 really be a warning?
It is annoying to include it in most sym files just to make gsymcheck
to shut up.

The "ERROR" is due to the:

 T 1600 900 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
 net=GND:2