Re: gEDA-user: gnetlist segmentation fault

> > No, actually, an attribute is required to have a value,
>
> There seems to be no good design reason for this restriction: an
> empty string is still a perfectly good string, just as zero is a
> perfectly good number.

I agree, this caused me problems during the final phases of my last
board - I wanted to leave the attribute names alone but wipe out the
values for part numbers that I knew were wrong, so I could replace
them later.  Sometimes, I wanted to wipe them out so I could replace
them *immediately* but as soon as the dialog lost focus (so I could
copy text from elsewhere) it tried to "close" the attribute and
complained.  Cut and paste is horribly non-intuitive in gschem and
gattrib.  Specifically:

* Clicking on a cell in gattrib should not do a "copy"

* Moving the focus away from a value field in gschem's attribute
  editor should not attempt to save the attribute