Re: gEDA-user: slotting question

On 08/26/2011 01:47 PM, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
  Here's the procedure:

    - start gschem (v1.6.2.20110115)
    - open library, select symbol "74-series logic/7404-1"
    - place two instances on sheet
<..snip..>
    - load file "test.sch"
    - note two inverter instances replaced with entire-package symbols

I still get the correct result.

A stab in the dark:
Maybe you have a copy of 7404-1.sym somewhere on your hardware that actually
is a 7404-3.sym in disguise. This disguised symbol file may be found first,
on start-up of gschem. You can test this hypothesis by not setting the slotting
at all and just save to text.sch . In addition you can use the "locate"
command to locate all symbol files called "7404-1.sym" on your hard disk.

  I feel really, really stupid.

This is exactly what happened. There was another 7404-1.sym file in my symbol path, an old one that I had created years ago, and it was shadowing the "real" one, overriding it when the sheet was loaded.

I swear I'm usually not this much of an idiot. ;) Thank you for your assistance, and I apologize for the distraction.

            -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Port Charlotte, FL