Re: gEDA-user: pcb gtk: Toggle buttons for route styles?

Peter Clifton wrote:

> Throwing out a crazy idea.. in word-processors etc.., "styles" are
> found in a drop-down combo-box. I know that doesn't fit so well with
> where we have space for the route-style selector, but just a crazy
> though.

In my humble opinon, the space would be used better by an expanded
tool box. Packing tools in three columns is just awful from a usability
point of view. Better put them in a Single, linear list.

Also, there will certainly be more fancy tools to come in the future:
E.g. shove, multi-track to draw busses in one sweep, blind via, multi
copy (produce a grid of objects with one action), copy-rotate, ...
Plus, there is the potentially space hungry layer list.

With tis in mind, the drop-down list for route styles looks like a
good idea. The drop-down list can easily adjust for user configured
additional styles, too. Bonus points to allow the list be ripped off
and placed on the other monitor.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak