Re: gEDA-user: pcb gtk: Toggle buttons for route styles?

Peter Clifton wrote:

> There are also different DRC rules on certain objects on inner layers
> for some fabs IIRC.

And of course, DRC constraints depend on the thickness of the copper layer.
This was a big deal with my big project a few weeks ago. Because the top
contains fine pitch SMD components, it could not possibly comply with the
rules for the inner layers with 105 Âm copper. (Remember my failure to make
ignore-DRC work?) In the end, I worked around it by scripted reduction of
outer layer line thickness to 1/10 width. Then DRC the inner layers and
finally blew up the lines on outer layers to their original width.

So, yes, DRC rules should optionally depend on layers.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
UniversitÃt Hannover, Inst. fÃr Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211