gEDA-user: Fwd: Re: [OH Updates] How can you help solve the proprietary tool problem?

Does the category low end bother you?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [OH Updates] How can you help solve the proprietary tool problem?
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 09:12:20 +1000
From: Dave Jones <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: updates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm planning a review of the low end PCB tools (Eagle, gEDA, KiCAD)
from a new user perspective (I've used Altium for 20+ years, and
worked there for 4 years, so have barely touched Eagle, and not the
others at all).
I expect those to be very long videos, and still only briefly cover the basics.
I can't imagine Make having room for a decent magazine review?
My PCB Design Tutorial in Silicon Chip was spread over 3 parts.
http://www.alternatezone.com/electronics/pcbdesign.htm
I think any article in Make would likely just be a short OpEd like piece?

David L. Jones
www.eevblog.com
The Electronics Engineering Video Blo