Re: gEDA-user: time for a pcb release cycle?

DJ Delorie wrote:

> Also, please try the windows installer nightly builds:
> http://www.delorie.com/pcb/geda-windows/

This afternoon I talked one of the PhD students into trying the nightly
build on her WinXP dexktop. The pcb binary loaded fine and looked good
with the new layer selection box and all. A fairly complex layout also
loaded fine. However, there was no way to zoom in. Zoom with the mouse
wheel did not work and accel [z] did not work. Neither did the zoom
items in the view menu. (We did not try gschem, due to time constraints)

I went on to install the same build in a winXP that lives in a virtualbox
environment on my debian dektop. This install showed the same symptoms.
If I recall correctly, I have already seen this last time when the
windows topic was on the mailing list (and reported it to the list).
Maybe, I do something systematiclly wrong. Now, that I write about it,
I suspect, it is the path variable. Although I thought, pcb does not
need this in the first place. I'll check tomorrow.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx