Re: gEDA-user: CERN goes for KiCAD

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 22:37:46 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> CERN software engeneers don't fear complexity -- not under the hood,
> nor on the interface. They strive for elegance and excellent results
> instead. See the structure and the UI of paw, or root.

Well... When I was at CERN back in 2005 I noticed for example that they were
moving from Linux to windows. They changed the mail servers TO some
winXX server.

So I feel that even in CERN there is a move towards the "click click click"
direction. I mean integrated solutions etc.

I don't know what is going on there nowadays though.

Levente

--
Kovacs Levente <leventelist@xxxxxxxxx>
Voice: +36705071002