Re: gEDA-user: Electromagnetic bike

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 11:16 AM, Rob Butts <r.butts2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>   I have asked this question on this forum before but I never got a
>   definitive answer so forgive me for asking it again.
>

>   Does anyone know the theory behind the design of an electromagnetic
>   bicycle. I thought it was bringing in magnetic fields close to a
>   spinning metal disc but I'm not sure so I'm asking here.

Are you referring perhaps to an electromagnet brake?
TLDR version.
A moving conductor in a magnetic field produces an electric current
which produces an electromagnetic field which oposes the initial
magnetic field resulting in a braking effect.

More detailed version:
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=electromagnetic+brake&l=1