Re: gEDA-user: Electromagnetic bike

I've not looked into this in great detail myself, but I believe this
physics suggests this could be as simple as a spinning metal
(conductive) disk with a permanent magnet at an adjustable distance to
the spinning disk. It sounds like you understand how it works, but are
perhaps looking for the catch? I don't believe there is one...
Note this works only as brake - however if you want the same
phenomenon to work as a motor you are looking at a squirrel cage motor
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induction_motor).