Re: gEDA-user: PCB segfaults when the "Route style" button is clicked

On Sun, Sep 11, 2011 at 04:53:08AM +0200, Kai-Martin Knaak wrote:
> Ivan Stankovic wrote:
>
> > I'm using PCB from git master (9dde48253c..) and it segfaults
> > when the "Route Styles" button is clicked. Here's how to reproduce:
> >
> > 1. use PCB to make an empty pcb file
> > 2. start PCB again and load the empty file with "File -> Load layout"
> > 3. choose "Power" route style, then click on the "Route Styles"
> > button
> >    to bring up the dialog; close the dialog
> > 4. choose "Signal" route style, then click on the "Route Styles"
> > button
> >    to bring up the dialog; close the dialog
> > 5. repeat steps 3 and 4 in order, until PCB segfaults
>
> I can confirm. Current git head PCB segfaults on me, too. Sometimes
> on first iteration, sometimes later. Interestingly, it does not
> want to segfault if I do not load the previously saved empty
> layout. At step 3 I notice a difference: With the reloaded layout,
> the field for the route style name is empty. Maybe, this is a hint
> for the cause.

Neat, confirmed. Notice also that the values become increasingly
corrupted with each load.

I'm guessing that in the RouteStylesChanged action, I should just
tear down and re-create the route style selector. The selector
has a pointer into pcb's route style data, which probably gets
freed when a new board is loaded.

--
Andrew Poelstra
Email: asp11 at sfu.ca OR apoelstra at wpsoftware.net

"Do whatever you want. Do what you think is important.
 Everybody is an individual."  --Ron Paul