gEDA-user: solder/component --> top/bottom ?

Just got fooled by the classic solder/component vs top/bottom, again.
It just won't stick with me, that "solder" is supposed to be a synonym
to "top". I addressed the issue before about a year ago:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.cad.geda.user/31354/focus=31356
Consensus seemed to be that top/bottom is the way to go. Since then,
the naming scheme of gerber export was changed accordingly. Same with
the default layer names of a new layout. But the rest of the code and
the docs is still working with solder/component. On some occasions, it
is even back/front side.

I'd be motivated to prepare a series of patches to get away with
solder/component once and for all. Would be a bit of work, though.
So I'll ask before I spend hunting them down: Would such a patch
get applied (provided, it is well formed and all)?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak, Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pool.sks-keyservers.net:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x6C0B9F53