Re: gEDA-user: solder/component --> top/bottom ?

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:24:51 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak <kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Just got fooled by the classic solder/component vs top/bottom, again.
> It just won't stick with me, that "solder" is supposed to be a synonym
> to "top".

DJ's clarification aside, I would vote for "top/bottom", with each of those symbolically being placed in the list.  That is, for an 8-layer default: Top, Layer 2, Layer 3, ..., Layer 7, Bottom

--
"There are some things in life worth obsessing over.  Most
things aren't, and when you learn that, life improves."